A professional training course in Cognitive Behavioural Training (Therapy). Suitable for new students and existing therapists or coaches who wish to add CBT methods to their professional toolbox. Includes comprehensive core counselling modules and is designed to enable the graduate to meet the National Occupational Standards for Counselling in relation to counselling work within the context of Cognitive Behavioural Training.
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds
A Distance Learning Course of 24 Lessons
Qualification 1: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Diploma issued by Stonebridge Associated Colleges, entitling you to use the letters SAC Dip after your name.
Qualification 2: Level 5 Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Award
This Course leads to an NCFE Level 5 Award Certificate for successful learners. This means that it is independently accredited at a level of learning equivalent to level 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (in which case GCSE's are at levels 1 and 2 and A Levels are at level 3). In accrediting the programme at level 5, NCFE attests that its learning outcomes are at an equivalent level to a level 5 national qualification.
This award has been designed by Stonebridge Associated Colleges to meet specific learners' or employers' requirements. Accreditation by NCFE is a guarantee of quality. It means that this learning programme has been scrutinised and approved by an independent panel of experienced educational professionals and is quality audited biannually by NCFE.
The Course In Detail
After each lesson there will be a question paper, which needs to be completed and submitted to your personal tutor for marking. This method of continual assessment ensures that your personal tutor can consistently monitor your progress and provide you with assistance throughout the duration of the course.
- All study materials
- Study Guide
- Full Tutor and Admin support
- The course fee includes the awarding body registration and certification fee (valued at up to £30.00).
- What is CBT
- Levels of change
- Counselling 2: Basic Methods and Basic Counselling Skills
- Developmental Psychology
- Psychotherapy (psychodynamic methods and history)
- Cognitive Behavioural Change (CBT) Part 1
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Part 2
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Part 3
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Practical methods
- Coaching - Philosophy
- Coaching - Planning
- Coaching - Mind Sets
- Referral and Assessing Seriousness
- CBT for Depression and Anxiety 1: Working with Minor Emotional issues
- CBT for Depression and Anxiety 2: Working with more serious Emotional issues
- CBT for Depression and Anxiety 3: Managing depression, NEAD, Early warning systems, Bi Polar, Personality disorders. Management and cooperation with professionals
- CBT for relationships
- Complementary CBT Techniques 1
- Complementary CBT Techniques 2
- CBT forms and method for other issues
- Anger and Stress ManagementTraining
- Professional Practice
In order to offer our students the most convenient and flexible distance learning courses, we offer you the option to study for your course via:
- Via the traditional paper-based method.
The approximate amount of time required to complete the course is: 360 hrs.
This is only an approximate figure and is dependant upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material. Furthermore, at the end of each lesson there is a question paper that needs to be completed and returned to your tutor. You should allow at least 1 - 2 hours of study to complete each question paper.
With this course you will have unlimited access to your own personal tutor who specialises in their field of study. It is your personal tutor's role to ensure that you receive constructive feedback and to deal with any queries you may have. You are more than welcome to telephone, fax or email your personal tutor.
You will also have access to a dedicated and friendly team of administrators and course advisors who offer sound and professional guidance and advice when you need it. This ensures that you will never feel neglected and that you will always succeed!